ROUND TABLE MEETING
The Hujjat Covid-19 Task Force and representatives from the EC met with ALL the key jamaat stakeholders, BUJUs and subcommittees yesterday evening to discuss the decisions taken so far and to brainstorm issues, concerns and queries on the ground. Alhamdulillah the meeting was very productive and everybody had the safety and welfare of the community first and foremost in their minds.
Programmes at the centre will remain suspended until further notice and important events will continue to be live-streamed with the help of the remarkable AV team.
ADVICE FOR THE ELDERLY
The jamaat urges members to consider plans for elderly and vulnerable family members or those with chronic (eg diabetes, immunosuppression) or respiratory conditions e.g. asthma, COPD.
- online food shopping
- get prescription medication refilled online and delivered
- consider essential travel only for those at high risk
- consider linking your family and relatives onto a WhatsApp group so you can share information and keep in touch.
Hand washing and avoiding face contact are the mainstays of risk reduction alongside good personal hygiene and self isolation for at risk groups, while avoiding non-essential gatherings.
If you think you are infected or others are at risk contact the 111 service dedicated for Coronavirus: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
BOOSTING OUR IMMUNITY
There are several actions we can implement immediately to give ourselves the best chance of resisting and fighting off infections.
- Take time for regular reflection and prayer.
- Recitation of the Holy Quran as it is a shafa’a for believers
- Giving sadaqa as through remembering others we are all granted protection
- Consider visiting forests for contemplative walks which have proven benefits to immunity and well-being.
- Following a healthy fresh real food diet, stay hydrated with plenty of water, and take plenty of exercise
- Consider Pro-biotics and Multivitamins to boost your nutrition and gut microbiome
- Ensure your medical treatment of chronic diseases (e.g. asthma or diabetes) are optimised and you have enough medication for the next 2 months
- Deal with stress which can suppress the immune system
- Get enough sleep (aim for around 8 hours)
- Practise keeping a journal (journalling) with an emphasis on gratitude which has proven benefits on well-being and therefore will reduce stress
- Share concerns with friends and family
- Deal with conflict/ problems at work and manage expectations
- Know your strengths and improve workplace well-being
- Take time out to call a friend or relative