Early Years Educator – Harrow – Apple Tree Day NurseryIn: Employment - Jobs
Apple Tree Day Nursery, Harrow, HA3 7HE, has a vacancy for an Early Years Educator
Minimum Qualification – Level 2 in Childcare
41 hours per week, Permanent position all year round
1. To assist with the planning of the curriculum.
2. To co-ordinate planning with colleagues, ensuring planning and evaluations are up to
date and to a high standard.
3. To help set up the playrooms for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the
end of each session, ensuring that all equipment, both indoors and outdoors, are
clean and safe at all times.
4. To act as a key person to a group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and
ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
5. To notify the line manager of any concerns e.g. over children, child protection,
parents/carers or the safety of premises and equipment, preserving confidentiality
6. To be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with
relevant play and learning plans.
7. To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
8. To record observations, including any causes for concern and use these observations
to plan the next steps in children’s learning and development.
9. To be familiar with the Early Years Foundation Stage and use this document to track
children’s progress and plan next steps.
10. To attend staff meetings and in-service training courses as required.
11. To keep up-to-date with current good practice.
12. To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by line manager.
NB. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them
Applications to be submitted by email to: Hr@appletree-nursery.com