ELC Ashra-e-Zainabiyya 1430 Daily Quiz Answers Night 1In: Ashra-e-Zainabiya 1430 Daily Quiz
1. Who is ‘John the Baptist’ commonly known as in Islam?
C. Prophet Yahya (AS)
2. Which group of people are the nearest to us Muslims in ‘Reciprocal Love and affection’ as mentioned in the Holy Quran?
B. The Christians
3. In which verse of the Holy Quran is the above statement mentioned?
4. According to Christian theology why is ‘John the Baptist’ known as ‘The Baptist’
B. Because he was the first person to Baptise Prophet Isa (AS).
5. Who was ‘John the Baptist’s’ father?
D. Prophet Zakariyah (AS)
6. In which Surah in the Holy Quran is the story of ‘John the Baptist’ mentioned?
B. Surah Number 19 – Surah Maryam
7. According to Ayatullah Dastaghaib, after Shirk which is the Second worst sin in Islam?
C. Despair in Allah’s (SWT) mercy.
8. How was ‘John the Baptist’ Killed?
D. He was beheaded by a corrupt king who was intoxicated out of his desire for a woman.
9. Who are the ‘Ashab-ul-Ukdud’ as mentioned in the Holy Quran?
B. Persecuted Christians who were killed in Yemen
10. In which Surah of the Holy Quran does Allah (SWT) respond to the claims of the Christians that Prophet Isa (AS) is the son of God by mentioning the example of Prophet Adam (AS) having no father?
D. Surah Number 3 – Surah Al-e-Imran
What are the similarities between the life and death of ‘John the Baptist’ and Imam Hussein (AS)?
• Both were born after a 6month Pregnancy
• Both of their names were never ever used before them
• Both stood against the tyrants of their time placing their full trust in Allah (SWT) and for the truth
• Both of them were beheaded and their heads were taken to palaces in Shaam
• When both of them were killed the skies became red
• Both of their deaths were avenged- P. Yahya’s (AS) death was avenged by 70,000 soldiers and Imam Hussain’s (AS) was avenged by Mukhtar-al-Thaqafi.