Questions & Answers from the Ladies Majalis of Muharram 1431In: Ladies News
6) What did Nabi Musa (a) say when God asked him why he had rushed to the mountain ahead of his people?
Sura Taha 20 Ayat 84
“He said: They are close upon my track. I hastened unto Thee, my Lord, that Thou mightest be well pleased.”
7) When is haste good? (3 occasions)
1. Call for Army of Allah (SWT)
2. Salaat is announced
3. There is a death and funeral services are to be organised
8) Where does waswas come from?
The Nafs and Shaytan
9) In the Munajaat of those who complain, in Saheefa as-Sajjadiyyah, what four things does Imam complain of?
1. Nafs that invites towards evil
2. Enemies (Shaytan) leading you astray
3. Heart which is hard
4. Eyes that do not shed tears.
10) What is the biggest trap of Shaytan?
Vanity – excessive pride in or admiration of one’s own appearance or achievements
11) Why has human being been given the potential for lowly qualities like greed, impatience, etc.?
1. So he can train himself and grow
2. These qualities are good if used in the right way, for example, when used for gaining knowledge.
12) What quality of the human being comes from stinginess but is worse than being a miser?
His own avarice (extreme greed, not wanting to give others and wanting what others have.)
13) Which is the quality that means you prefer others over yourself?
Preference, Love, Affection
14) What is the definition of a conflict?
Difference of opinion
15) What are the five rules of a productive argument?
1. Convince them (Sura Namal 27:60-64)
2. Do not condemn (Sura Al anaam 6:108)
3. Acknowledge the other person (you may be wrong (2:129)
4. Repel the evil deed with one which is better (Sura Fussilat 41:34)
5. Stop when you know there is no point in continuing (Sura Al-Furqan 25:63)
16) Which verse of the Quran asks the human being what has deceived him about His Lord?
Sura Al-Infitar (82:6)
“Who has turned you away from me?”
17) What things does Dua Abu Hamza Thimali say we should weep over?
1. The coming out of the soul
2. The darkness of the grave
3. the squeezing in the grave
4. the waking up on the day of judgement
18) Which verse of Quran talks about a person who worships God on the edge?
Sura Al-Hajj (22:11)
And among makind is he who worships Allah s.w.a. upon a narrow edge so that if good befalls him he is content therewith, but if a trial befalls on him, he falls away utterly. He looses both the world and the Hereafter. That is the sheer loss.
19) What is your reaction to something, based on?
Action + My attitude = Reaction
20) What two things should not make you break a decision after you have made it?
1. Takleef (Difficulties)
2. Khawf (Fear)