ELC Ashra-e-Zainabiyya 1430 Daily Quiz Answers Night 4In: Uncategorized
1. According to a tradition from Rasulullah (SAW) specifically which type of Reflection if carried out for one hour is better than 70 years of worship?
A. Reflection on the questioning of the day of Judgement
2. When referring to the ‘Isma’ or infallibility of the Prophets (AS) and Imams (AS), what is the true nature of their ‘Infallibility’?
B. That they are capable of committing sins but will never do so.
3. What was the main overarching aim of the prison system implemented under Rasullulah (SAW)?
C. To reform the actions of the prisoners
4. What prison system was implemented by the first 3 Khulafa?
D. Tying prisoners inside a deep well
5. In Islam we can only be imprisoned for that action which comes under “Discretionary punishment”. What is the Arabic term for this division of Islamic punishment?
6. Give 2 examples of where this “Discretionary punishment” can be applied?
• If someone money to another and deliberately does not pay the debt when it is due despite having the means to do so.
• If someone is an accomplice to murder
• Or any other suitable example that does not come under Fixed penalty punishment (HUDUD) or retribution (QISAS).
7. Who was responsible for constructing the barbaric prisons that kept prisoners under extreme conditions of torture, solitary confinement and darkness and were known as the “Deemas”?
B. Hajaj bin Yusuf at Thaqafi
8. What was the condition that Prophet Yusuf (AS) set to the king before agreeing to accept the post of economic minister that was offered to him?
• That the king ensures that he is completely exonerated from the false accusations that were levelled against him.
9. What is the translation of the famous hadith by Imam Ali (as) which says: “Ad-dunya Sijnul Mu’min”?
Answer should be along the lines of:
• “The world is a prison for a believer”
10. Describe 3 ways that Imam Ali (AS) treated prisoners who were under his care and what was his main aim in doing so?
Any 3 of the following:
• In the morning he would personally deliver breakfast to the prisoners
• In the afternoon he would appoint fuqaha (scholars of fiqh) to go talk to the prisoners about the laws of fiqh and how they can reform themselves.
• The prisoner would be temporarily released without being accompanied if there was a death in their family.
• The prisoner would be released temporarily for every Salaatul Jumuah and Salaatul Eid.
The main aim of this was to REFORM/REHABILITATE the prisoners.
11. Give examples as mentioned in the lecture of how the Ahlul Bayt used their time in prison to further the cause of Islam?
• Imam Musa Al Kadhim (AS) took every opportunity to do Tabliqh whilst in Prison: Note the example of how a women was sent by Haroon ar Rashid to try and distract the Imam, but the Imam (AS) ensured through his actions and akhlaq that she also submitted to the truth.
• Imam Al-Askeri (AS) wrote 2 books while in Prison: A Tafsir of the Holy Quran and a book of Fiqh called AL-MUKWIYAH.
• Imam Al-Askeri (AS) who despite being starved for many days gave his allocation of pomegranates to a prison guard and his young child who was hungry.
• Compassion shown by Imam Al-Kadhim (AS) towards his torturer. Upon finding out that this guards’ son was sick, he prayed for his health and by the grace of Allah (SWT) the guards’ son was cured.