Presidential Election 5th December 2021, Timelines and Nomination Papers [ECT]In: Not on home page, Uncategorized
Salaamun Alaikum Dear Community Members,
InshaAllah by the grace of Allah (swt) and our beloved fourteen Masomeen (as) you are all well.
Following the announcement from the Executive Committee tonight calling for a Presidential Election to be held on Sunday 5th December the Electoral Commission has convened and wishes to advise members and prospect candidates of the following important dates:
- Sunday 5th December 2021 – Election Day (10:30am – 7:30pm)
- Friday 3rd December 2021 – Hustings (in the event that there are two or more candidates)
- Saturday 27th November – Final list of candidates will be shared to Members
- Saturday 20th November – Final date for nominations to be received – (no later than 11:59pm)
As these elections are reserved for the post of President, kindly see below the required three documents:
- Clause 7.3 – A completed nomination paper (inc. in this communique) – We advise that candidates are aware of the eligibility criteria and procedural constitutional requirements before submitting.
- Clause “7.3.6 a statement of no more than 250 words by the candidate, setting out his or her skills and qualifications and what contribution he or she can make to the Jamaat (the “CV”)” and
- Clause “7.3.7 mandatory for candidates for President and optional for other candidates, a manifesto for circulation to the members.”
For candidates wishing to stand for the post kindly ensure all required documents are received no later than Saturday 20th November 11:59pm.
Further details of the upcoming Election will be made available in due course.
May Allah (swt) guide us towards him through the divine status that vests with our Ahlul bayt (as)
With Duas, The Electoral Commission of KSIMC of London